I believe the !triangle is an expected part of the ROOTing process. Please continue to read through the threads on root in XDA and see if you can get it to work.
I'm root-ing for ya! Haha!
thanks btw lol and
1) Load EvilErisv1.1.zip to the root of your sdcard.
2) Make sure your phone is off, and Hold Power + VOLUME UP
3) Press "wipe" and press "wipe/factory reset" after that, press VOLUME DOWN
4) Press Load .zip from sdcard
5) Select EvilErisv1.1.zip
6) Allow it to install by confirming (Press Trackball)
7) After Installation, allow up to 7 minutes for boot
is what they say i couldnt get passed step two with them lol
EDIT 2: *sighs* last try
I: Gaining root
An unlocked hboot will allows us to flash in a modified IMG ROM signed with test keys as supposed to requiring an official ROM from HTC. This will open us to be able to flash a modified recovery.
1. Download this file: PB00IMG.zip (md5: 63eacc5ede3b179f95dc22d8ef585f94)
2. Place PB00IMG.zip onto the root directory of your sdcard.
3. Power down your phone.
4. Hold Volume Down while you Power On. This should bring you to a screen saying "HBOOT" and some other stuff. Wait for it to load the image, and it will say Push Activate. Push the trackball button to continue. The process will take around 5-10 minutes. The first time your phone boots up it will take a lot longer than normal.
found this so I'll wait for an image to load idk if I should click on HBOOT my nstinct says do it my heard says no your phone will break and the voices say "yesssss" <-- and i didnt even like the Lord of the Rings (mainly because i didnt watch it
) well... here goes nothing